NorthEast Seacoast Unit
Formed in 1987, we are a nonprofit corporation in the State of New Hampshire. Although we may be one of the smaller units of The Herb Society of America, our ratio of active members to members makes us one of the more active units in The Society!
We are located on the seacoast of New Hampshire and most of our meetings are held in the Portsmouth vicinity. Our members volunteer their time and expertise to actively support the Unit's programs and projects. We:
- Sponsor an Annual Lecture Series on various herbal topics at Stoodley's Tavern, Strawbery Banke Musum
- Hold an annual Herb Plant Sale and Market Place in Newington, NH in May
- Volunteer in herb gardens at Strawbery Banke and Great Bay Servies
- Participate in Portsmouth's Annual Fairy House Tour
- Fund a horticultural scholarship to UNH Thompson School
- Participate in the Strawbery Banke Museum NH Fall Festival where we give tours of the herb garden, help visitors make herbal sachets and Tussie-Mussies and sell our herbal products and crafts.
Our meetings are held the last Tuesday evening of most months. We welcome both experienced and novice gardeners to join our Unit.