NorthEast Seacoast Unit
Formed in 1987, The Herb Society's NorthEast Seacoast Unit is a 501 (c) 3 tax exempt organization dedicated to promoting the knowledge, use and delight of herbs through educational programs, research and sharing the experience of our members with the community.
Our meetings are held in the evenings on the last Tuesday of the month in the Portsmouth, New Hampshire vicinity. Membership is open to anyone with an interest in growing and/or the use of herbs. Both experienced and novice gardeners are welcome. Our members volunteer their time and expertise to actively support the unit's programs and projects.
- Sponsor an Annual Lecture Series on various herbal topics held at Strawbery Banke Museum
- Participate in a monthly Herbal Study Group (for members only)
- Hold an annual Herb Plant Sale and Market Place offering a wide selection of herbs and herbal products in May
- Volunteer to help maintain the Herb Garden at Strawbery Banke Museum
- Support local public herb gardens as well as the Internship Program at the National Herb Garden in Washington DC
- Participate in Portsmouth's Annual Fairy House Tour in September
- Fund a $1,000 horticultural scholarship for a second year student attending UNH Thompson School
- Participate in the Strawbery Banke Museum NH Fall Festival where we answer questions about the herb garden, help visitors make complementary herbal sachets and Tussie-Mussies and sell our herbal products and crafts.