Write for The Herbarist
Submit an Article to The Herbarist!
Would you like to have your work published in The Herbarist? So would we!
Only original material that has not been previously published will be accepted. Topics can range from herb gardening with children, to herbal cuisine, to outstanding herb gardens, to scientific articles on individual plants. Normal article length is 1,500-3000 words.
Please note the following:
- Articles may not be simultaneously submitted to other publications.
- All articles are subject to peer review.
- Articles that are not accepted for The Herbarist may be used in the HSA newsletter unless the author specifies otherwise.
- Prospective articles may be submitted at any time. The Herbarist committee may determine the article's use in any particular edition.
Please read and understand:
- The Herbarist Guidelines for Authors
- Medicinal Disclaimer for all authors and speakers
All authors are expected to refer to the
- HSA Style Manual 2020
- The Herbarist Submission cover sheet
Articles must be submitted electronically* with The Herbarist submission cover sheet to:
9019 Kirtland Chardon Road
Kirtland, OH 44094
MEDICINAL DISCLAIMER It is the policy of The Herb Society of America, Inc. not to advise or recommend herbs for medicinal or health use. This information is intended for educational purposes only and should not be considered as a recommendation or an endorsement of any particular medical or health treatment. Please consult a health care provider before pursuing any herbal treatments.