The Herb Society of America Library Collection includes more than 3,500 volumes covering a wide range of topics related to herbs and gardening. Materials collected include books, periodicals, multimedia, collateral, and rare books.
The Herb Society of America Library seeks to maintain a comprehensive collection of herb-related materials for our members and the public to learn more about herbs and encourage their everyday use.
OUR LIBRARY INCLUDES
- HSA Online Catalog (including how to use the HSA Online Catalog & FAQs)
- Authors' Corner Many of our members are authors, their work is quite good!
- Library Resource List
- Useful Links to other herb-related online resources* such as:
• Libraries, references, nomenclature, taxonomy, databases, exhibits, herb images, clipart, research centers, and foundations
- Ask the Librarian! Contact our librarian if you need help finding library materials.
Our staff librarian is available to answer reference requests Monday – Thursday from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. EST
- Become a Friend of the HSA Library
OUR LENDING POLICY HSA members may borrow items for a period of thirty days. Items are shipped by USPS media mail unless expedited shipping is needed. The borrower pays return postage. Materials may be requested via email, phone, letter or in person.
The library is open to the general public for browsing during regular business hours; over 500 inquiries are made to the library each year. if you are planning a visit please call headquarters first 440.256.0514.
•The Herb Society of America is a non-profit, educational organization. Since we are not medical practitioners, it is the policy of The Herb Society of America not to advise, recommend, or prescribe herbs for medicinal use. Information and links are provided as an educational service, and The Herb Society of America cannot be held liable for the content included in these resources. Please consult a health care provider before pursuing any herbal treatments.
• Links to sites sponsored by commercial vendors do not indicate an endorsement of those vendors by The Herb Society of America.
• Opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect the views of The Herb Society of America, its staff, or Board of Directors. Inclusion of commercial vendor information does not indicate an endorsement by The Herb Society of America.