Photo Submission Form
Details of the Contest:
- $10 entry fee per photograph entered – if you have not yet paid, please do so here.
- Each entry accepted will receive a full-color copy of the calendar, which will be mailed in September 2013
- Selection for the top 12 photos and feature pages will be judged online via the HSA website after July 21, 2013.
- If you are having difficulty uploading your photos. Please e-mail your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The top 12 photos will be featured as the "Herb Garden of the Month." All photos accepted for entry will be included in the 2014 calendar. The size and location will vary based on the final calendar design.
- The entries must be postmarked by July 17, 2013, in order to be included in the 2014 calendar.
- The members whose photographs are chosen for "Herb Garden of the Month" will be notified by phone or e-mail.
- Photos must be of gardens only - no people or animals (domestic or wild), please!
- Only members of HSA are eligible to submit a photo. HSA units are welcome to submit a photo as a group. Current HSA board members and staff are not eligible to enter.
- Photo(s) may be of private, member and/or unit maintained gardens. Photo(s) of public gardens are accepted if permission from the organization is needed and has been obtained from the public garden. Proof of authorization from the public garden is needed before the photo can be accepted.
- Photo(s) must be submitted electronically by e-mailing email@example.com. The photos must be accompanied by credit card information for the entry fee. Photos may be uploaded and entry fee may be submitted on the HSA Web site.
- Cell phone, Polaroid or copyrighted professional photographs, will not acceptable. Photographs will not be returned and become the property of HSA.
- When sending digital images provide sharp images (highest resolution) that are 300 dpi at a 5x7 format or larger and in JPEG (JPG) or TIFF format. Name the digital files by your name (first and last name) or group name and the location of the garden.
- By submitting photographs you are granting HSA permission to use your image in this calendar publication and for perpetuity.
- HSA reserves the right to determine if a photograph is not suitable for inclusion. If a photo is not accepted for the calendar the entry fee will be refunded.